8th Biennial Conference on Advanced Composites in Construction
5-7th September 2017 will see the eighth biennial Advanced Composites in Construction (ACIC) which will focus on current topics within the construction industry with the purpose of highlighting the use of fibre reinforced polymer (FRP) composite materials in new and existing all-FRP structures as well as strengthening, refurbishment and reinforcement applications in traditional infrastructure.
This conference, being held at the University of Sheffield, UK, attracts practising engineers, asset managers, researchers and representatives of regulatory bodies and promotes an active exchange of scientific and technical information on the rapidly changing scene of advanced composites in construction.
Speaker opportunities are available and you are invited to send a short abstract which is initially limited to 250 words, and should include the contact details of the corresponding author and affiliation of co-authors to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd December 2016.
Full papers will be required should your abstract be accepted.
If accepted, presentations should be given in PowerPoint and each timeslot will be approx. 20-30 minutes.
Proposed sessions for the conference include but are not limited to:
- Strengthening of concrete and masonry structures
- Strengthening of metallic and timber structures
- Internal reinforcement and prestressing
- Wholly polymeric structures
- FRP Materials and systems
- Long term performance and durability
- Damage mechanics and failure criteria
- Analysis and design
- Inspection and monitoring
Other key dates are:
- Deadline for abstracts 2nd December 2016
- Notification of acceptance 30th January 2017
- Deadline for full papers 31st March 2017
- Deadline for reviewer reports 28th April 2017
- Revised Paper Deadline 9th June 2017
Published: 27th June 2016